This website is operated by Boningale Limited. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy carefully because it contains important information about:
- Who we are
- How and why we collect, store, use and share personal information
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint
Who we are
Boningale Limited (trading as Boningale Nurseries, Boningale GreenSky, Worfield Plants and Viridis Plants) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘Controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Personal information you provide us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Payment Information
Some examples of when we collect this information include purchasing a product from our website, filling out a contact form or signing up for newsletters.
Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad
Cookies and similar technologies
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- To keep you up-to-date with special offers and availability
- To process you order or enquiry
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity, but we will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone or text message.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc.). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time. If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Personal information that has to be provided by you, and if so why the provision of the following information is required from you
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Payment Information
This is to enable us to process your order request.
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for 6 years to satisfy UK tax laws.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information
Consent, Contract, Legal obligation
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
Information is accessed only when necessary by approved staff.
All data is secured by the use of usernames and passwords.
All data is stored on secure servers.
All websites are encrypted using SSL.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA (European Economic Area)
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent
Where we obtain consent from any user we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge in summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to ascertain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit data to a third party in certain situations
- Objection at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Objection to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Objection in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- Email, call or write to us
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
We will also attempt to notify users of any changes using clear notices on the website.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
Post: Boningale limited, Holyhead Road, Albrighton, Wolvrhampton, WV7 3AT