Nursery Site Manager
Worfield Plants are a production nursery based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire. Founded over 50 years ago, Worfield specialise in the supply of high-quality hardy nursery stock to independent garden centres and retailers.
The successful candidate will ensure the operations of a small, remote nursery site are managed in accordance with centralised business practise, maintaining close links with the wider business management team, whilst providing support to and developing site staff so they thrive in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Lead and develop the Nursery team, identifying personnel development requirements and ensuring delivery.
- Responsible for all nursery equipment, facilities and site security.
- Liaise with the main site to ensure smooth operational activity.
- Oversee all production activity to required quantities and deadlines, maximising efficiencies whilst maintaining exceptional quality.
- Oversee crop protection and cultural requirements.
- Budget and plan for all raw materials required, in liaison with the Purchasing Team.
- Deliver operations within budget.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Department with regards to demand forecasting. Develop the production plan to accommodate increases in range and volume.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s technical knowledge, best practise and innovation.
- Ensure site legislative compliance.
- Participate in appropriate training, and be committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
Core Skills and Attributes
- A professional horticulturalist, preferably with experience in planned production of perennials/alpines.
- A people person, with proven management skills, able to develop and motivate reportees.
- Enthusiastic, practical and driven to succeed.
- Able to plan effectively and implement plans with thoroughness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident IT skills, familiarity with ERP systems would be advantageous.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, actively supporting other team members, whilst also being self-motivated to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Able to work accurately under pressure in a busy environment.
- Innovative & creative in decision making & problem solving.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the position you are applying for clear.